Microneedling is a procedure that significantly reduces signs of aging. This is a great treatment option for those seeking younger-looking skin and a healthy complexion. Clinical studies have shown microneedle therapy to be very effective in stimulating collagen and elastin production to thicken the skin thereby reducing wrinkles and smoothing scars. This treatment will dramatically increase the effectiveness of skin care products, through improved penetration of nutrients and vitamins into the active layers of the skin. The procedure requires no downtime. If you’ve been meaning to correct discoloration from years spent outside during the Okanagan summers, this might be the treatment for you.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling stimulates your skin’s natural ability to produce new collagen and elastin for healthier, younger-looking skin. It accelerates this repair process by creating microscopic channels, which also allow products to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin. New collagen and elastin production can reverse years of sun damage, improve acne scars, and enhance the overall appearance of aging skin.
What Areas of the Body are Treatable?
Microneedling is extremely versatile and can be used on all parts of the body. The face, neck, décolleté are excellent candidates for this treatment. Microneedling is remarkably effective for treating the following skin imperfections:
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun Damage
- Fade Brown Spots
- Pore Reduction
- Uneven Skin Tone
- Tighten Lax Skin
- Acne Scarring
- The process is entirely natural and safe.
- Your own collagen is long-lasting.
- You will never be left looking artificial.
- It’s safe for all skin types because there is no sun sensitivity afterwards, unlike laser, which can result in too much pigment or total loss of pigment after treatment in people with darker skin.
- There is no permanent damage to the skin.
- It can be used on thin skin.
- It can be safely repeated for greater results.
- It can be used on any area (face, neck and body).
- There is a very short healing period (back to work next day with make-up).
- It is affordable.
- Effective – it works!
How does the Procedure Work?
First, a topical numbing cream is applied for 20-30 minutes. After the area is sufficiently prepped, a thin layer of serum is applied to the skin, and the appropriate Microneedling treatment is selected for the particular type of skin. The procedure itself typically takes 30 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area and the severity of skin damage. In all, guests should expect to spend up to 1.5hrs in our spa when coming in for a microneedling treatment.
Prior to Treatment:
Prior to the your micro-needling treatment, please observe the following:
- No Retin-A products or applications 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. A Micro-Needling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner.
What is the Downtime?
Immediately following the microneedling treatment, you will notice a healthy pink glow. We will recommend products to aid your skin’s natural healing process. The total healing time depends on the severity of the damaged skin and the depth of the repair process required. On average, patients will experience a flushed, pink complexion for two to four days and may experience some shedding of dead skin in the treated areas. We recommend that no make-up, creams, sunscreen, or any other product be applied to the skin until the day following treatment.
When Will I See Results?
Most people notice healthier-looking skin immediately, and the natural repair process of the skin will progress over the course of several weeks. Dermal collagen remodeling takes place over time, meaning your skin will continue to improve for up to six months after your final treatment.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
The course of your microneedling experience is based on your individual treatment goals and the health of your skin. Most patients receive a series of three treatments spaced about four to six weeks apart. For guests with more severe skin issues, additional sessions may be necessary.
After your initial series we recommend coming in every 6 months
What to Avoid:
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
- For at least 2 hours post treatment, do not use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.
- Single Treatment $299
- Add-on Neck & Chest $60
- Add-on Dermaplaning $50
- Series of 3 $900
- Light Therapy always included!